2017 Metalsmithing Classes/Special Events
Offering a variety of metal smithing project classes involving techniques such as fabrication, soldering, cold connections and etching. The
classes offer the opportunity to travel to some of Wisconsin's desirable locations such as Sievers School of Fiber Arts on Washington Island
and Peninsula Art School in Fish Creek. If the urban scene is for you travel to Madison for the Art Glass and Bead show
or to Milwaukee for the international Bead & Button Show. Hope to see you along the way!
Check out the complete class descriptions, photos and supplies lists at each website. I typically provide
all tools required for my classes. Back by popular demand is the Jewelry Metals Bootcamp class at Sievers.
Private instruction is available at my studio (Stoughton, WI).
I can also bring my tools and mobile workshop to your home or bead shop for workshops.
Meant-To-Bead Bead Store
Sun Prairie, WI. Note: Check the website often as classes will be added throughout the year.
1) Sterling Silver Spinner Ring, February 25, 2017
Art Glass and Bead Show
March 24-26, 2017
Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI
Registration opens January 15, 2017
1) Sterling Silver Spinner Ring, Friday March 24
2) Riveted Silver Link Necklace, Saturday March 25
3) Soldered and Forged Copper Bangles, Saturday March 25
4) Soldered Silver Box Pendant, Sunday March 26
Bead and Button Show
June 4-11, Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee, WI
Registration opens January 3, 2017
1) B170856 CZ Tube Set Soldered Earrings, Wednesday June 7
2) B170522 Metal Finishing Techniques 101, Wednesday June 7
3) B170288 Fine Tune Your Soldering Skills, Thursday June 8
4) B170857 Etched Riveted Textile Pendants, Friday June 9
5) B170996 Riveted Silver Link Bracelet, Saturday June 10
6) B171301 Metal Finishing Techniques 101, Sunday June 11
Peninsula Art School
August 4-5, Fish Creek, WI
Forged Bangles and Spinner Rings
Registration opens January 31, 2017
Sievers School of Fiber Arts
September 6-10, Washington Island-Door County, WI
1) Metalwork Jewelry Boot Camp: Etching, soldering, fabrication metals techniques (earrings, bracelets, pendants, rings).
Registration opens February 1, 2017.